On behalf of the CTHP Leadership Committee, we’d like to thank everyone who has been involved with the Partnership over the past year. We’re incredibly grateful for the time, expertise, and insights many of you have shared. We’ve learned a lot in our first year of work together, which we think you’ll see reflected in the 2019 Strategic Plan developed by our Leadership Committee. A few important highlights that we want to bring to your attention:
- Refined Priorities: Building on the work we started in 2018, we’re updating our 2019 priorities to focus on four issues:
- The Youth Talent Pipeline: How can we work together to promote increased awareness of health careers and facilitate relevant hands-on learning opportunities for youth and young adults?
- Post-Secondary Access & Success: How can we grow the number of Central Texas residents who are graduating from middle-skill healthcare education and training programs?
- The Nursing Talent Pipeline: How can we work together to ensure that there are diverse and seamless on-ramps to registered nursing careers – including effective pathways for CNAs, PCTs, and LVNs – so that companies have ready access to the talent they need to provide high-quality care?
- Upskilling: Are there innovative education and training approaches Central Texas can adopt to upskill frontline healthcare workers so they can fill in-demand healthcare jobs?
- A Better Way of Working Together: In 2019, we’ll update our existing work groups with four new committees that will focus on each of our priority areas. Each of these committees will be chaired by an industry representative and led by a small planning committee, which will help us to be more efficient and coordinated so that we can grow our impact.
- Setting Aside Time for Learning and Networking: Finally, many of you let us know that you really enjoyed the opportunity to come together with colleagues during our quarterly meetings to network, exchange information with peers, and learn from experts. Beginning in this spring, we’ll reserve our big-tent Central Texas Healthcare Partnership meetings exclusively for learning and networking – and save our business and planning conversations for committee meetings. Stay tuned for an announcement about our first 2019 event in the weeks to come.
We look forward to working with all of you to make 2019 a highly successful year for the Partnership. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback on the 2019 plan.